Amare has exhibited his work nationally and internationally. After graduating in 2004 from Addis Ababa University School of Fine Arts and Design (SFAD) with SFAD’s highest honor (known as the “Gold Medal”), he began teaching Painting and Drawing at SFAD. In 2010, he was appointed Chair of the Painting Department and Curator of SFAD’s Art Gallery. He also co-founded Point Fine Arts and Design Studio P.L.C. During this time, as general manager, he oversaw and worked on several high-profile design and fine art projects, including a large-scale mosaic work located at the main building entrance of the National Museum of Ethiopia. In March 2012, he moved to Maryland to pursue an MFA in Studio Art at the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) and graduated in August 2015. He is an adjunct faculty member and teaches Drawing at MICA.
- Sat, Jan 12, 7-9 pm, with Chelsea Graham, Dave K, Justin Sanders, Michael B. Trager.
- Hosted by D Ferrara on Sat, Dec 8, 7-9 pm, with readers Loren Kleinman, Judy L. Mandel, Dorothy Marcic, and Lauren J. Sharkey
- Featuring work by Iris Anixter, Sara Doudna, Norman T. Leonard, and Matthue Roth
- With authors Beth Ann Bauman, Emilie Cohen, Mary Cool, and Regan Fad.
- Authors Nolan Janssens, Carol Schlanger, K-B Gressitt & D Ferrara, and performers Ken Simon, Alix Alias, and Mary Cool