David is the Robert O. Lawton Distinguished Professor of English at Florida State University. He has been awarded fellowships from the Guggenheim Foundation and the National Endowment for the Arts. A finalist for the National Book Award and shortlisted for the international Griffin Prize, he is the author of a biography of Little Richard, a textbook on poetry writing, two children’s books (both co-authored with Allen Woodman) and dozens of other books. His latest collection is Get Up, Please (Louisiana State University Press, 2016).
- Sat, Apr 13, 7-9 pm. Featuring work by Scott Dominic Carpenter, Dorri Olds, Marlene Molinoff, Vijay R. Nathan, Barbara Trommer
- A Night of Women Scientists in Fiction. Featuring new books from Karen Heuler, Andrea Rothman, and Erika Swyler. Sat, March 9, 7-9 pm
- Featuring work by Iris Anixter, Sara Doudna, Norman T. Leonard, and Matthue Roth
- With authors Beth Ann Bauman, Emilie Cohen, Mary Cool, and Regan Fad.
- Authors Nolan Janssens, Carol Schlanger, K-B Gressitt & D Ferrara, and performers Ken Simon, Alix Alias, and Mary Cool