Eliza has been writing and publishing since she was in her teens. She likes to write from the perspectives of young, rebellious people in Indonesia. After college she managed the literary translation program at the Jakarta Arts Council, worked as associate editor of Tesaurus Bahasa Indonesia, and founded InterSastra, which creates activities for literary exchange between Indonesia and other countries. Her novel From Now on Everything Will Be Different came out in 2015 and was launched at the Frankfurt Book Fair and Asia-Pacific Writers & Translators Summit. The book’s launch at Ubud Writers & Readers Festival was cancelled due to police objections, and Eliza protested by wearing to the festival t-shirts with excerpts from her novel. Her short works have been published in the Griffith Review, Asia Literary Review, Exchanges Journal, Fixi Novo’s Trash anthology, Jakarta Post,Koran Tempo, Magdalene, Inside Indonesia, and others.
- Sat, Apr 13, 7-9 pm. Featuring work by Scott Dominic Carpenter, Dorri Olds, Marlene Molinoff, Vijay R. Nathan, Barbara Trommer
- A Night of Women Scientists in Fiction. Featuring new books from Karen Heuler, Andrea Rothman, and Erika Swyler. Sat, March 9, 7-9 pm
- Featuring work by Iris Anixter, Sara Doudna, Norman T. Leonard, and Matthue Roth
- With authors Beth Ann Bauman, Emilie Cohen, Mary Cool, and Regan Fad.
- Authors Nolan Janssens, Carol Schlanger, K-B Gressitt & D Ferrara, and performers Ken Simon, Alix Alias, and Mary Cool