Jason is an interdisciplinary artist working in painting, sculpture, and installation. Stewart received his BFA from Rowan University and his MFA from the Maryland Institute College of Art. Stewart’s work addresses the idea of “place” through multiple voices – each voice being a re-experience or re-arrival to the idea of place. His handling of an idea through different modalities strives to address the formal concerns of materials, while also alluding to the mutability of the human mind. In addition to his art practice, Stewart is an educator, songwriter, and scenic designer. Stewart has displayed work throughout the East Coast – including the Newark Museum in Newark, NJ. Additional works can be seen at www.jasonMstewart.net.
- Featuring Blair Hurley, Claire Van Winkle & Kris Waldherr. Sat, May 11, 7-9 pm.
- Sat, Apr 13, 7-9 pm. Featuring work by Scott Dominic Carpenter, Dorri Olds, Marlene Molinoff, Vijay R. Nathan, Barbara Trommer
- Featuring work by Iris Anixter, Sara Doudna, Norman T. Leonard, and Matthue Roth
- With authors Beth Ann Bauman, Emilie Cohen, Mary Cool, and Regan Fad.
- Authors Nolan Janssens, Carol Schlanger, K-B Gressitt & D Ferrara, and performers Ken Simon, Alix Alias, and Mary Cool