Joanna is a recovering lawyer turned nurse and works at a tiny community hospital on the front lines of caring for the poor and the disadvantaged. Her areas of practice include hospice, detox and oncology. When she realized she could no longer tolerate the cognitive dissonance between her inner life and the practice of law, she began writing as a way to find a path forward. She writes personal essays and has produced a full-length memoir and a medical-legal murder mystery. Select personal essays can be found on her blog at applesblue.com. Follow her on twitter @joannaclymer.
- Featuring Blair Hurley, Claire Van Winkle & Kris Waldherr. Sat, May 11, 7-9 pm.
- Sat, Apr 13, 7-9 pm. Featuring work by Scott Dominic Carpenter, Dorri Olds, Marlene Molinoff, Vijay R. Nathan, Barbara Trommer
- Featuring work by Iris Anixter, Sara Doudna, Norman T. Leonard, and Matthue Roth
- With authors Beth Ann Bauman, Emilie Cohen, Mary Cool, and Regan Fad.
- Authors Nolan Janssens, Carol Schlanger, K-B Gressitt & D Ferrara, and performers Ken Simon, Alix Alias, and Mary Cool