Spawned by a Southern Baptist creationist and a liberal social worker, K-B inherited the requisite sense of humor to survive family dinner-table debates and the imagination to avoid them. The resultant writing has been published or is forthcoming in Publishers Weekly, Ducts magazine, Not My President: The Anthology of Dissent, The Missing Slate, Trivia: Voices of Feminism, Ms. Magazine blog, San Diego Gay & Lesbian News, San Diego Poetry Annual, and American University’s iVory Towerz, among others. K-B is a founding editor of WritersResist.com and publishes her friends’ writing and her own at ExcuseMeImWriting.com.
- A Night of Women Scientists in Fiction. Featuring new books from Karen Heuler, Andrea Rothman, and Erika Swyler. Sat, March 9, 7-9 pm
- Hosted by Ileana Nachescu Sat, Feb 9, 7-9 pm with readers Angela Ajayi, Marek Kulig, Maia McPherson, and Claudia Serea
- Featuring work by Iris Anixter, Sara Doudna, Norman T. Leonard, and Matthue Roth
- With authors Beth Ann Bauman, Emilie Cohen, Mary Cool, and Regan Fad.
- Authors Nolan Janssens, Carol Schlanger, K-B Gressitt & D Ferrara, and performers Ken Simon, Alix Alias, and Mary Cool