Lisa, is a former Ducts memoirs editor and the producer and host of New York’s only reading and improv series, The Next Chapter. Her work has appeared in The Washington Post, Salon.com, BUST Magazine, The New York Post, Budget Travel, Kirkus Reviews and Huffington Post, among numerous others. Before moving to the Persian Gulf, she was the religion editor for Pittsburgh’s gay and lesbian newspaper, the bridal editor for its society rag, and an alt newsweekly dating columnist. Her flash essay, “My Husband: My Moto,” appeared in the compilation Learning to Love You More (Prestel Publishing, 2007). Her solo show, CRANKY WHITE GIRL IN QATAR, is the basis for her memoir, Hello American Lady Creature. She currently lives in New York City. More at www.LisaLKirchner.com.
- Sat, Apr 13, 7-9 pm. Featuring work by Scott Dominic Carpenter, Dorri Olds, Marlene Molinoff, Vijay R. Nathan, Barbara Trommer
- A Night of Women Scientists in Fiction. Featuring new books from Karen Heuler, Andrea Rothman, and Erika Swyler. Sat, March 9, 7-9 pm
- Featuring work by Iris Anixter, Sara Doudna, Norman T. Leonard, and Matthue Roth
- With authors Beth Ann Bauman, Emilie Cohen, Mary Cool, and Regan Fad.
- Authors Nolan Janssens, Carol Schlanger, K-B Gressitt & D Ferrara, and performers Ken Simon, Alix Alias, and Mary Cool