Rowan is a Japanese-British-Chinese-American writer. She has a BA from Columbia University, a MFA from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and is working on a PhD at the University of East Anglia. Her work has appeared in, among other places, NPR’s Selected Shorts, TriQuarterly, the Tin House Open Bar, and The Indiana Review. She is a 2015 Margins Fellow at the Asian American Writers Workshop.
- A Night of Women Scientists in Fiction. Featuring new books from Karen Heuler, Andrea Rothman, and Erika Swyler. Sat, March 9, 7-9 pm
- Hosted by Ileana Nachescu Sat, Feb 9, 7-9 pm with readers Angela Ajayi, Marek Kulig, Maia McPherson, and Claudia Serea
- Featuring work by Iris Anixter, Sara Doudna, Norman T. Leonard, and Matthue Roth
- With authors Beth Ann Bauman, Emilie Cohen, Mary Cool, and Regan Fad.
- Authors Nolan Janssens, Carol Schlanger, K-B Gressitt & D Ferrara, and performers Ken Simon, Alix Alias, and Mary Cool