Tim is co-founder of New York Writers Workshop, and co-author of its popular text, The Portable MFA in Creative Writing. His chapbook, Yolanda: An Oral History in Verse, is forthcoming from Finishing Line Press (2015). His fiction, poetry, and essays have been published in China (United Verses), the Philippines (Esquire, Tomas, Silliman Journal, and Fast Food Fiction on Anvil Press), and in numerous venues in the US, including The Blue Lyra Review, Barnstorm Literary Journal, Caribbean Vistas, Soundings Review, Theory in Action, and in the anthology Long Island Noir (Akashic Books). He’s been an invited speaker and workshop leader in China, Thailand, the Philippines, Australia, and the US. He teaches in New York University’s Global Liberal Studies program. As a former Ducts fiction editor, he’s been proud to showcase work from established US writers such as Kim Addonizio and Sheila Kohler, and to bring in writing from around the globe, from authors such as Damyanti Biswas, Sarge Lacuesta, and M.G. Stephens.
- Sat, Apr 13, 7-9 pm. Featuring work by Scott Dominic Carpenter, Dorri Olds, Marlene Molinoff, Vijay R. Nathan, Barbara Trommer
- A Night of Women Scientists in Fiction. Featuring new books from Karen Heuler, Andrea Rothman, and Erika Swyler. Sat, March 9, 7-9 pm
- Featuring work by Iris Anixter, Sara Doudna, Norman T. Leonard, and Matthue Roth
- With authors Beth Ann Bauman, Emilie Cohen, Mary Cool, and Regan Fad.
- Authors Nolan Janssens, Carol Schlanger, K-B Gressitt & D Ferrara, and performers Ken Simon, Alix Alias, and Mary Cool